Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tucker Palooza

Well, Tucker spent most of today catching up on his beauty rest.  I'm not kidding- the kid slept practically all day.

I felt bad because I thought he was just being nice and letting me do my homework, so about 3:30 I decided we were going to take a walk.  We made it to the lake and back, but he wanted no part of it.  As soon as we got back, he went to sleep again. 

After dinner, we hung out on the quad so he could meet people and tear into a few sticks.  From there we went to Bost Gym for the beginning of the year "palooza".  As usual, Tucker couldn't care less that the DJ was blasting music and that there were a bunch of people with cotton candy and popcorn walking around.  They had snow cones, and I just couldn't help but let Tucker have one (a plain one, of course).

He did a great sit-stay for it!

After that, we went in the gym and had our picture taken in a big blow-up chair.  If Tucker's future handler ever runs into a giant, red, inflatable chair, we now know it won't phase him. ;)

(Hannah Riener and Hillary Leonard accompanied us in the chair.)   :)

After all this excitement, Tucker was tired, so he slept on the gym floor while I visited with some of my friends who were waiting in line for caricatures.  When we got back to the dorm, Tucker fell asleep on the floor of the kitchen while my friend Suz made chocolate chip cookies, and then he slept in my lap while I ate mine. :) 

Now, he's passed out on his bed on my floor.  Looking cute, eating shaved ice, and getting your picture taken can just suck the life right out of you. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Like most first-years, Tucker doesn't know what hit him with this "college" thing...

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete