Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another Long Day

Tucker slept a glorious nine hours last night.  Apparently, stressing out over my absence 'tuckered' him out.  :)  Once again, he did very well in the car and slept almost all the way home.  '

I decided to take him with me to church tonight.  My bible study group meets at four and goes until six.  Tucker did very well and slept under my chair until about 5:30 when he needed to go out for a break.  Right after we came back inside, the bottom dropped out of the sky.  So, when the bible study ended and church began, I chose to take him straight into the service instead of back outside.  Although the music was loud, Tucker slept through it all.  About five minutes into the actual sermon, he woke up and wouldn't settle back down.  Thinking he was just bored (he'd been at the church in his bandana for almost three hours) I decided to take him out to the lobby to burn off some energy.  He walked on his leash all the way from the sanctuary out to the lobby (across an extremely shiny tile floor) and had almost made it to the seating area when the floodgates let loose and he peed on the floor.  Thankfully, I had a few paper towels in my bag and was able to get it up right away.  After that, I decided he'd probably had enough and was ready for dinner, so we went home. 

After he'd eaten and played with my parents for a while, we decided to go out to Applebee's.  Again, he did a great job and slept under the table for almost the entire meal.  Towards the end, another family was seated next to us and one of the men asked me how many Leader Dogs I had raised.  No one had referred to him as a Leader Dog before -  people usually just call him "puppy" and wait for me to explain his purpose even when he's wearing his bandana.  As it turns out, the man was a member of the Lions Club, which is a huge supporter of Leader Dog.  I think Tucker may have been the first Future Leader Dog he'd ever met. :) 

A new napping spot.


Out to dinner with the grandparents.

Puppy coma face.

Tucker and Grace.

Something tells me walking on grated stairs won't really be a problem...

Out to dinner with the family at Applebee's.

No comments:

Post a Comment