Saturday, June 25, 2011

Grabbed by an Angel

Tucker had the privilege of meeting several family members today - my great aunt Patsy, cousin Missy, and Missy's daughter, Grace.  Grace has Angelman Syndrome - a genetic disorder which affects her both mentally and physically.  Although she is non-verbal and cannot walk on her own, she is one of the sweetest, happiest people on the planet.  She smiles almost constantly, and spent quite some time this morning giving me bear hugs. 

Although babysitting Grace ensures both sudden movements and strange noises, Tucker did a pretty good job of ignoring her and playing by himself (or sleeping).  Unfortunately, at one point when Tucker was asleep in my lap, with his tail resting on my arm, Grace decided to reach out and grab my arm.  She accidently grabbed his tail along with my arm, resulting in quite a yelp from Tucker, who was very surprised.  Thankfully, after I got him away from her, he was no worse for wear and not afraid of her at all.  In fact, by the end of the visit, I had to hold him back because he wanted to play with her. :) 

Apparently, Tucker was not as good for my grandparents after I left for the wedding.  They told me he ran all over the house seemingly looking for me and tried to get into and chew everything.  He wouldn't calm down for them, so he ended up in time out.  He was asleep when I got back tonight, so he may be very surprised to see me when he wakes up!      

I hope to post more pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment