Thursday, June 23, 2011

Workin' Dog

Tucker slept an amazing 6 1/2 hours last night.  That was the first time I've gotten more than 2 hours of sleep at a time in days.  It was AWESOME.  :) 

I had to work today, which meant Tucker had to come with me.  My plan was to put him in the back of the clinic in the kennel, but we had several neurotic dogs in the back today, and they just wouldn't hush.  I moved him to the front where the secretary works and brought in his travel crate.  When he wasn't untying her shoe or rummaging through her purse, they had a great time. :)  Not surprisingly, he charmed everyone he saw today. 

At lunchtime we went to Subway, and although he wasn't quite as still as he's been in restaurants in the past, I thought he still did a great job.  Even though he was good, I still had to put my sandwich down almost every bite to lean down and tell him to sit, stop chewing on his leash, or stop licking the floor.  It keeps things interesting, that's for sure. ;)  Sadly, he had his first accident in his crate today.  Not surprisingly, it was completely my fault.  Things in the back were crazy for a little while, and I didn't get back up front to let him out in time. 

The only real problem today was with dinner.  He always finishes his food in a hurry, but he ate so fast at dinner that he actually choked himself and then got sick.  :(  He was no worse for wear but my nerves were a little shot.  I'm thinking one of those food bowls with different sections specially designed to slow them down may be in order. 

But, all in all, it was a good day.  I was so proud of him for staying quiet up front.  He also sat on command (no food in sight, mind you) several times, which really surprised my co-workers. 

Tomorrow we're headed to my grandparents house for the first time.  They're going to puppy sit while I go to my friend's wedding.  He's good, but I still don't trust him enough to take him to something that important. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment