Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthday Bash

Tucker was incredibly sweet this morning.  It was almost as if he knew it was my birthday, so his gift was to not bite me for a little while. ;)  We went outside and instead of running around and eating sticks like he usually does, he just sat beside me on the patio. 

I took him to the DMV again this morning and he did a great job.  On our way back home, we stopped by Dr. Farrar's office (my orthodontist) so he could meet Tucker, but he was busy.  For whatever reason, Tucker was worn out at this point, and he was soooo mad that I made him get out of the car again.  So, when we got to the store to get his dog food, I just let him sleep while I ran in and picked it up.  I also had to get him a bigger collar today.  He's growing like a weed! 

Since today is my birthday and my Dad and sister are out of town, Mom and I invited our friend Kathy (Rocky's mom) to go out to eat with us.  I chose Red Lobster in Asheville and they had no problem letting Tucker in even though he was a little wet from the rain.  He did a great job and slept the majority of the time.  Afterwards, we stopped by Bed, Bath and Beyond so Kathy could return something, and I walked Tucker around the store.  Again, he did really well with the exception of trying to taste the pillow I was buying a few times. 

He slept all the way home, and therefore, was a live wire once we were in the house.  Even so, when Mom tried to take him out for a break a little while later, he put himself to bed in his crate. :)

I meant to put this on the blog yesterday:
Last night, Tucker did the cutest thing: he took the toy he'd been playing with back to his toy basket and exchanged it for a new one!  He did that several times with different toys, and it was just so adorable to watch him put them back and then select a new one. :)  I figure he'll probably never do it again, but it sure was precious.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's awesome about his toys! (Hint, to get him to do it again, praise him and maybe even toss him a treat of puppy chow when he did it--that would reinforce the behavior.)

    And, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete