Sunday, July 31, 2011

Too Much of a Good Thing

Tucker did a wonderful job at church this morning, sitting through the service and small group without much fuss.  We went to Ryan's for lunch and that's where the boredom hit him.  He wasn't horrible, but we had to take turns eating and correcting him for a little while.  By the time we were just about finished he had settled down. 

By the time we got home, we had less than an hour before we had to head back to church for my Bible study.  I took him outside to try to run some energy off him and he decided to jump in the pool.  (It wasn't hot and it was about to rain, mind you)  He discovered that blowing bubbles in the water was fun, so not only were his legs and stomach soaked, but so was his face. ;) 

Back at church, he did a really good job for about an hour and a half and then he lost it.  I took him out three times thinking he was acting out because he needed to park, but he didn't; he was just bored.  The last time I brought him in, I made him lie down and then as soon as I turned my head, he was up again.   I ignored him and he barked at me!  I didn't want him to distract the other girls (we were watching a dvd) so I took him out of the room and walked him around trying to wear him out.  It didn't work, and we missed the end of the video. 

Honestly, I can't blame him.  Since 8:30am he'd had less than an hour to really play, and he'd spent about 5 hours at the church.  He'd had a little too much church for one day.  So, as soon as we got home, I fed him and then let him play his little heart out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment