Friday, July 29, 2011

Extreme Boredom

Some of you may have noticed there wasn't a blog yesterday.  Honestly, I forgot to write it last night, but even if I'd remembered it, I probably would have skipped it anyway so I could get to bed early because I worked today. 

Reasoning aside, here's how Wednesday went:

We met Mom's friend Angie at Fatz for lunch and Tucker did a pretty good job.  I had to take him out once to go to the bathroom and walk off some energy, but that wasn't a big deal.  After lunch we went in the Dollar Tree and although he had no accidents, I got a little frustrated with him pulling on the leash.  We're still working on walking on a loose leash. 

Then I dragged him into the bank with me (I say dragged because he desperately wanted another nap at this point) where he immediately knocked out on the tile floor while I took care of my business.  Much to his disappointment, I made him go in Rite Aid with me on the way home, and again, he fell asleep on the floor while Mom was getting her prescription.  Although I felt bad about dragging him out of the car when he clearly wanted to sleep, he's simply got to get used to it.  (That and I knew he'd have all afternoon to nap) 

Once we'd gotten him home and settled in his crate, Mom and I went back out to grab Dad's truck and go to Kmart and buy Tucker a pool. :)  He absolutely loved it, even filled with our frigid well water.  Mom found a wiffle ball and tossed it in the pool with him.  I got the biggest kick out of watching him try to figure out how to grab it without dunking his head underwater.  Eventually, he just went for it, and once he had that ball, there was no going back.  Thrilled with his catch, he ran back and forth through the yard over and over again until he couldn't run anymore.  :) 

Today, he went to work with me, and suffered from a severe case of boredom.  He wasn't quite as good in the kennel as last time, but he's also a few weeks older (not as many naps).  Sometimes he whined or barked, but overall did well.  I even stuffed one of his toys with pieces of dog food in an effort to entertain him.  It didn't work for long. 

He played for a while once we got home, and then he flopped down on his bed and slept for just over two hours.  I dropped a glass in the kitchen (which broke of course) and he didn't even flinch - just opened his eyes for a minute.  Of course, when he woke up at 11pm and thought it was playtime, I regretted letting him nap that long. 

For those of you who read the blog regularly - there will not be a blog tomorrow night and there may not be any over the weekend.  Tomorrow I'm going out of town for a birthday celebration and Mom's keeping Tucker, and then over the weekend I'll be spending a lot of time at my cousins' house. 

1 comment:

  1. actually, it was Mighty Dollar... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete