Friday, July 15, 2011

Do you speak Whale?

I worked yesterday and Mom puppy-sat Tucker, which is part of why there wasn't a blog yesterday - I wasn't around for most of Tuck's day.

Apparently, he was not happy about being left at home.  Mom said he wouldn't settle down, and where he usually takes several naps a day, only managed to fall asleep once for a very short period.  When I got home, he literally melted into my lap. :)  I know he missed me because he didn't try to bite me for quite some time!


Today, we took him to see Mom's coworkers in Asheville, to a used bookstore, to Hamrick's, and to McDonald's for lunch.  With the exception of a few hyper minutes in the bookstore, he did an excellent job everywhere we went.  He actually did pretty well when we got home and I started cleaning, too.  Although the vacuum hose was very tempting to begin with, he eventually just watched me from a distance.



Okay, now for an explanation of the title.  If you've ever seen Finding Nemo, then you know what I'm referring to.  As it turns out, if Tucker is suffering from selective hearing and you really need to get his attention, speaking "Whale" is the best option.  He can't resist. ;)  Also, if you pick him up, face him away from you, and say his name, this is what happens.  v

3 comments:

  1. Re the bottom photo: How did you figure that out? Never mind. I don't want to know. ;-)

    I know this isn't something you want to even think about yet, but what's Tuck going to do in May?

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, this blog post is priceless! You are so funny and I am so proud of a puppy to be resistant to his own kind of puppy ways!! I love that you tried to speak whale to him! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sitting in Starbucks using the internet, and reading this, I am trying hard not to laugh out loud and disturb the many other people in here, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete