Monday, July 4, 2011

I found sand!

Tucker has seen the Atlantic ocean!  Since we've been here, he's walked around the grounds several times, which was a lot for him.  He met another yellow lab and a myriad of little children.  :)  When we went out on the beach, he immediately started to eat the sand.  I thought he might taste it, but I never dreamed he would try several times to ingest large quantities.  When we finally made it to the water, he splashed around a little bit before deciding running around on the sand like a crazy puppy was much more fun. 

Even though I hosed him off on the boardwalk, he was still covered in sand, so I gave him his first bath.  Honestly, he didn't like it as much as I thought he would.  He didn't hate it, but he didn't love it either.  Afterwards, I wrapped him up in a towel and he slept for quite some time - despite the fireworks exploding almost constantly. 

When he woke up and needed to go out, I was a little worried about how he would respond to the fireworks.  I took him out behind the building, hoping the sound would be muffled, and set him down on the grass.  The next time a firework exploded, he sat, cocked his head, and listened.  A few seconds later, he decided that although it was a new noise, it was nothing to be concerned about, and he did his business.  In fact, he did so well that I walked him back around to the front of the building.  Again, he just sat down, seemingly pondering the explosions and lights. 

Now he's fully awake and running wild again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment