Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Playtime!

Tucker and I had an interesting morning.  He was wired when he woke up and nothing could calm him down.  It got to a point where I decided the only option was taking him on a walk/jog and just running him down.  Well, that might have been a good idea had I not been doing this on antihistamines, antibiotics, and an empty stomach (per the directions of the antibiotics). 

Not too long into our outing, I wore out.  Thinking he had too, I brought him inside.  As it turns out, he was faking the fatigue.  I, on the other hand, was just about ready to pass out.  After failing to find something to interest Tucker (besides biting my hand) I decided to crate him while I ate something. 

Post nap, Tucker was much more agreeable. :)  We got ready and met my Dad and his friends for lunch at Wendy's.  Tuck was nearly perfect for almost 2 hours.  I think my Dad's friends were pretty amazed that a puppy would just sleep on the floor while people ate lunch.

Afterwards, Tucker and I went to see my friend Valleri.  She had her tonsils removed last week and hasn't really been able to leave the house, so we decided to drop in for a visit.  Valleri also happens to own Tucker's best friend Rocky. :)  The two of them had a blast chasing each other around the living room and Rocky was kind enough to chew up a few of Tucker's bones for me.  You see, Tucker's nylabones become ten times cooler once Rocky has chewed on them. 

At one point while Rocky was chewing on his bone, Tucker decided to jump onto his back.  Startled, Rocky jumped up and sent poor little Tucker flying.  It was hilarious.  He also got a sharp reprimand from Valleri's older lab, Maggie, who wasn't as thrilled with Tucker's antics.  Valleri's dad was unhappy with her, but I thought it was great.  She didn't hurt him (and had no intention to) and he learned a good lesson in respect.  Tucker was very careful from then on to be gentle with her. :) 

Tucker and Rocky

This weekend Tucker will be reunited with the Ferguson's shepherds and I have a feeling Schatzie won't waste any time reminding Tucker who's on the bottom of the totem pole. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment