Sunday, July 10, 2011

Doggy Paddling

This morning, I noticed the ocean was particularly calm, so I decided to take Tucker out again.  This trip was much more successful, since I wasn't having to pick him up every three seconds to avoid a wave.  He seems to be a strong little swimmer and could paddle his way towards the shore pretty quickly. :)  I think he found the ocean to be a little chilly for his taste, but he was by no means traumatized.  When we finished frolicking in the ocean, we took a walk and he discovered the joys of digging holes in the remnants of tidal pools. 

Most of his afternoon was spent napping in his crate while I was out by the pool.  I came up to check on him every thirty minutes, but for the first two hours or so, I always found him fast asleep upside down.  For dinner we went to Jersey Mike's (a sub shop - the only thing they did right was let him in) and he did a great job. When we'd finished, we went next door to Coldstone for ice cream and he charmed all the girls working behind the counter.  He found the floor there to be much more tempting than the sub shop ( I wonder why... ) but he still behaved very well. 

Since we've been home, a large amount of time has been spent looking for his favorite bone which has gone M.I.A.  We're pretty sure he was playing with it yesterday, but we can't seem to find it though we've turned this place upside down looking for it about five times.  Here's to hoping we find it before we leave tomorrow!

I think the following may be my favorite kid quote of the week:  Last night when I was walking Tucker and it was thundering outside, a little girl on the 4th floor looked down at us, turned to her dad and said, "That puppy's gonna get struck!"  Everytime she heard thunder, she would very adamently repeat her concern for the puppy. :) 

Also, a small personal victory - I just nailed a cockroach (excuse me, "Palmetto Bug") from my seat with a drink coaster while writing this blog.  Success! 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I have just stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed reading your blog posts very much. I am looking for new posts to get more precious info. Big thanks for the useful info. thedoggycrates.com

    ReplyDelete