Friday, July 1, 2011

Goin' Down to Wally World

Tucker had another busy day today.  For lunch, we met my dad and some of his friends at Piggy's - a burger and ice cream joint that's been in Hendersonville forever (and by that I mean as long as I remember ;) ).  As usual, Tucker fell asleep underneath the table and didn't make a sound. 

After lunch, Mom and I went to Wal-Mart.  Normally, Tucker tires pretty quickly and I have to carry him, but not today!  He walked with me the whole time, charming everyone we passed.  I couldn't believe he walked that long and well in a place as crazy as "Wally World."  Needless to say, he got a new toy out of it.  :) 

With all the excitement, he slept the majority of the afternoon.  Since Tucker seemed to like his green bone better after Rocky chewed the ends up, I decided to try to "rough up" the ends of his slick nylabone by beating it on the concrete outside.  (Yes, brilliant I know)  Shoeless, I headed outside and left the basement door open.  As I was hitting the concrete with it, Tucker slowly walked up beside me.  When I turned to look at him, he had my yard shoe in his mouth!  I put out my hand and he gave it to me without a fuss.  Honest to goodness, I think he was confused when I didn't put my shoes on to go outside!  I guess he was trying to be helpful. :)  haha

Tonight we went over to Katie Sander's house.  I worked with her at the vet clinic and she hadn't gotten to see him yet, so we spent about two hours outside in her neighborhood catching up and showing him off to her friends.  Almost everyone I talked to had a story beginning with either, "Well, my lab ate a whole..." or "I knew a lab that ate a..."  Such encouragment. ;)  As soon as I put him in the car, he fell into a deep sleep.  He continued his nap at home, but about an hour ago, he woke up and decided it was time to run around like a lunatic.  Mom's trying to run out the energy now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment